Sydney Professional Photographer Andrea Francolini
Photographer Andrea “Drew of Sydney” Francolini is a well known sailing photographer.
Now based in Sydney Australia, Andrea was born in Milan Italy, in the early 70’s and was educated in the USA and Switzerland. His freelance career has seen him working on every continent around the world, aided by his fluent English, French and Italian.
Starting his career in the graphic design industry in Europe, in past decade Andrea has specialized in yachting photography. His images are regularly published across Europe and in North America and in recent times heavily in the South Pacific.
Australian Capture Magazine included Andrea in their list of finalist of Top Australian Photographers in the years 2010 and 2009 which is voted by fellow photographers and people in the photographic industry.
He has covered many important sailing races world wide such as the Route du Rhum, the Whitbread Race Around the World, Volvo Ocean Race, Vendee Globe Challenge, Louis Vuitton Cup, the Sydney to Hobart race, Skandia Geelong Race Week, Hamilton Island Race Week and all of Audi’s sailing events in Australia.
He is also the founder of My First School, a trust which has the aim to facilitate education in northern Pakistan. Visit the My First School website »
- 2017 3rd place One Eyeland Awards – Children category
- 2017 3rd place IPA awards (New York) Children category
- 2017 2nd place – MIFA awards, Moscow (Russia) People category ‘My First School’
- 2016 One Eyeland photo award – Bronze winner, People/Children category
- 2016 Tokyo Photo Awards – Gold winner, People/Children category
- 2016 Finalist Siena Internationa Photo Awards – Siena, Italy
- 2016 Finalist, MIFA in 4 categories – Moscow, Russia
- 2016 Finalist LensCulture Portrait Awards, USA
- 2015 3rd place One Eyeland photo awards, People category
- 2015 Finalist One Eyeland photo awards, Speciality cameras – Holga
- 2015 Winner IPA awards (New York) People category
- 2015 Winner Outdoor photographer of the year (UK) ‘Spirit of Travel’ category
- 2015 Finalist Melbourne Photo book award (Kings of KKH) portrait book
- 2015 Finalist Freo International Portrait Photo festival (Australia)
- 2014 Winner World in Focus 2014 (USA)
- 2014 Winner of Kontent Award editorial category (Germany)
- 2014-15 Finalist Travel photographer of the year (UK)
- 2013 Silver and Bronze at International Loupe Awards (sport category)
- 2013 x2 Bronze at International Loupe Awards (portrait category)
- 2013 Finalist ‘World in Focus’ (USA)
- 2013 Honorable Mention: International Kontinent Awards Nature – Single Image category